Devotional: "It’s Simple, Be Kind"

Devotional: "It’s Simple, Be Kind"



Devotional: "It’s Simple, Be Kind"



It’s Simple, Be Kind

…those who are just must be kind.
Wisdom 12:19

It is probably a sad commentary on the world that we need reminders to be kind. In a parish that I served, one individual often wore a shirt or a lapel button that said, “Be kind.” That simple statement is really a secular iteration of the great command of Jesus: to love one another. If your experience of life is like mine, almost daily we see examples of people not being kind.


In 2025, a priest seminary classmate of mine passed away unexpectedly. His death was circulated all throughout social media. I was perusing the comments on a post, and someone wrote, “He deserved to die because of…” When I read that, I was appalled, and I realized why we need a near daily reminder to be kind.


The Scriptures today tell us those who are just must be kind. To be just means we give to the other what they are due. And what a person ultimately is due is kindness.


Lord, let me be kind to all I meet.

- Fr. Edward Looney

Wisdom 12:13, 16-19 ✚ Psalm 86:5-6, 9-10, 15-16 ✚ Romans 8:26-27 ✚ Matthew 13:24-43


Don't Miss This 👇 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post